- The mission of the Investment Management Division within the State Treasurer’s Office is to safely and effectively manage all the funds for the State’s agencies, local governments, and political subdivisions.
- Investment Management lives by the motto “The return of principal is more important than the return on principal”. With this in mind, we prioritize and utilize the SLY method of investing. Safety, Liquidity, and Yield.
- The office currently manages roughly $11.5 billion dollars in U.S. domestic fixed income securities. This figure ranges between $10.0 billion and $12.5 billion, dependent upon the cyclical nature of the cash flows for the State’s agencies, local governments, and political subdivisions and the revenues they receive.
- Over 1500 accounts are managed by the STO for the State agencies, local governments, and political subdivisions.
- All state funds are invested according to the South Carolina Code of Laws § 11-9-660.
Access BidSC Investment
Visit BidSC.com now
BidSC is an innovative and efficient means for investing in certificates of deposit. It provides eligible South Carolina financial institutions with the opportunity to compete online for State of South Carolina investment dollars every quarter. Bids will be accepted online at www.BidSC.com every January, April, July and October for funding at the end of that month. The auctions will begin at 10:00 a.m. and end at 10:30 a.m. The State Treasurer will make available $75 million for six (6) month certificates of deposit each quarter.
Quarterly Statement of Bank Balances
Statement of balances in the State Treasurer's office showing the bank in which funds are deposited at the close of business: