No Tricks, Just Treats – S.C. Treasurer Curtis Loftis Could Have Money for You
October 29, 2018
Just in time for Halloween, Treasurer Curtis Loftis has scared up a list of names that are owed unclaimed property.
“No costume is necessary to receive this sweet treat,” said Treasurer Loftis. “It’s frighteningly easy to see if you or anyone you know is due unclaimed funds. Just head to our website and search your name.”
Currently, the State Treasurer’s Office has more than $550 million in unclaimed property available to give back to South Carolina citizens, businesses and organizations. Millions of dollars are transferred to the program annually by companies that cannot locate the owners. Here are a few individuals and businesses that are entitled to a treat this Halloween:
- Wicked Witch Lounge - Myrtle Beach
- Rubies Costume Co - Mauldin
- Ocean Potion Suncare Inc - Myrtle Beach
- Ghost Ship Seafood - Murrells Inlet
- One October Entertainment - Greenville
- Spider Man Towing LLC - Rembert
- Monster Ink Tattoos - Piedmont
- Palmetto Candy Company - Columbia
- Jennifer Mask - North Charleston
- Deborah Skeleton - Anderson
- Archer Blood - Charleston
- Wilson Spells - Laurens
- David Trick - Murrells Inlet
- The Pumpkin Man - Surfside Beach
- Mummys Lil Monsters - Moncks Corner
Examples of unclaimed property include dormant bank accounts, uncashed checks, unclaimed insurance proceeds and forgotten utility deposits. The Treasurer acts as custodian of these funds until they are claimed by their rightful owners.
During his administration, Treasurer Loftis has returned more than $158 million in unclaimed property, more than all previous state treasurers combined.
You can visit the www.treasurer.sc.gov to see if there is unclaimed property for you or your family.