Local Government Investment Pool (LGIP)
Providing local governments an opportunity to acquire maximum returns
LGIP is an investment mechanism authorized by the Legislature and signed into law on May 13, 1983, to provide local governments an opportunity to acquire maximum returns on investments by pooling available funds with funds from other political subdivisions. Section 6-6-10, Section 12-45-220 and Section 11-1-60 of the 1976 Code of Laws of South Carolina authorize the State Treasurer to sell to all political subdivisions of the State participation units in the Pool, which shall be legal investments for the subdivisions.
- As of June 2023, there are more than 1,000 accounts within the pool, totaling more than $11.8 billion.
- Participants include 107 municipalities, 71 school districts, 40 counties, 66 special purpose districts and more.
Learn more with our infographic:
What is the SC LGIP? (PDF)
LGIP Average Monthly Rates
The average monthly rates, reflect an average of the daily rate to participants. Please refer to your statements for actual monthly rate.
|Month||FY 2016||FY 2017||FY 2018||FY 2019||FY 2020||FY 2021||FY 2022||FY 2023||FY 2024|
- LGIP June 30, 2022 (PDF)
- LGIP June 30, 2021 (PDF)
- LGIP June 30, 2020 (PDF)
- LGIP June 30, 2019 (PDF)
- LGIP June 30, 2018 (PDF)
- LGIP June 30, 2017 (PDF)
- LGIP June 30, 2016 (PDF)
- July 2023 Newsletter (PDF)
- May 2023 Newsletter (PDF)
- January 2023 Newsletter (PDF)
- October 2022 Newsletter (PDF)
- July 2022 Newsletter (PDF)
- See more past newsletters
Forms and Instructions: