Electronic Payment Information
Doing business with the State of South Carolina has never been so easy! We make it simple through our provided online banking services.
The State has launched Operation Check Reduction, ending the use of paper checks and allowing vendors to receive funds faster, save money and be more secure.
As part of this ongoing effort, we’re pleased to announce our new automated ACH enrollment process. Effective immediately, ALL vendors must sign up to receive electronic payments via ACH (direct deposit). The STO ACH Enrollment Form (Form 4) will no longer be accepted by our office.
To enroll, follow the steps below. You can also download a PDF copy of the enrollment steps here.
Vendor Sign Up for ACH/Direct Deposit
- Go to procurement.sc.gov. Under the Doing Business With Us section, click on Vendor Registration to make sure your Vendor Registration information is updated.
- Prior to enrolling in ACH, you will need your user ID and password for the Vendor portal. Please note, each vendor is limited to one username and password.
- If you do not know your user ID and password or do not have an email on file with the state, you will need to complete the New Vendor registration through the Vendor Portal. On Step 9 - Messages to Administrator, write "update vendor number," and include your old ten-digit vendor number. After you receive the email including your vendor number, please allow up to 24 hours before attempting to use it in the ACH Enrollment Portal.
- Once logged in to the Vendor Registration Portal, click on the Sign up for ACH Payments link to begin the ACH enrollment process.
- Complete the ACH enrollment screens in their entirety and provide the preferred bank account and routing numbers. Each vendor account can be assigned a separate bank account, so be sure to identify which specific bank account should be used for each of your vendor accounts with the State of South Carolina. You may also provide an email to receive remittance advice data.* (see next section)
- You will receive an immediate onscreen notification as to whether your bank account number has been validated.
*Post-Enrollment: Receiving Remittance Advice
Once enrollment is complete and you have begun receiving payments via ACH, the following remittance advice data will be available for each transaction:
- Invoice Number
- Invoice Date
- Invoice Amount
- Customer Reference Number (which will be used as a memo field to describe what the payment is for or the Customer Account Number)
Choose one of these three options for receiving your remittance advice data:
- Provide an email for remittance advice during the ACH enrollment process (RECOMMENDED)
- Access the SC Vendor Payment Search page at applications.sc.gov/STOvendorinquiry/
- Contact your financial institution
- Authorization Agreement for ACH (PDF)
- Electronic Payment Information - ACH/Direct Deposit Enrollment Steps (PDF)
- Requirements for Payment Techniques (PDF)
- Search Electronic Vendor Payment Database*
*Access to the Electronic Vendor Payment Database is provided by the State Treasurer’s Office as a means for vendors (payees) to identify the invoice(s) being paid by a direct deposit. The State Treasurer’s Office uses the Corporate Trade Exchange (CTX) Automated Clearing House (ACH) format to directly deposit payments into a participating vendor’s bank account. The State Treasurer's Office DOES NOT provide the vendor with notification of a deposit. It is the responsibility of the financial institution to provide remittance information to the vendor. If the financial institution cannot provide this information, it can be located by searching this database. Only the most recent six months of electronic vendor payments are available in this database.
This database can be searched by entering the vendor’s Employer Identification Number (EIN) and the exact amount of the direct deposit on the banking statement received from the financial institution.